This article explains how to manage the Xfinity WiFi hotspot that’s available on your residential Xfinity Gateway and where it can be used. The original article can be found on Comcast’s website here.
Your Xfinity Wireless Gateway broadcasts an additional “xfinitywifi” network signal, creating an extension of the Xfinity WiFi network right in your home.
We designed this feature for you and this service is completely separate from your secure, private home WiFi network and allows guests to sign in and connect without sharing your secure network password. Your Home Hotspot is included with your service at no additional charge.
To learn how to enable or disable your Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot, please read the instructions below.
- Xfinity WiFi hotspots are available at no extra charge if you rent an Xfinity Gateway, including the xFi Advanced Gateway (model numbers TG3482G, CGM4140COM), xFi Gateway (model numbers DPC3939, DPC3941T, TG1682G), and Xfinity Gateway 2 (model numbers Arris TG852G and TG862G, Technicolor TC8305C). Find your Gateway make and model by looking at the UPC seal located on the bottom or back of your device.
- We encourage you to keep the Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot feature enabled, as it allows more people to enjoy the benefits of Xfinity WiFi.
Enable or Disable the Xfinity WiFi Home Hostpot Feature in My Account
- Go to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot.
- Sign in to your account using your Xfinity username and password.
- Click Turn Off or Turn On to disable or enable your public hotspot. (Note: Your default hotspot status is enabled.)
- Confirm your selection.
- A confirmation message will appear.
Note: If you are presented with information about Xfinity WiFi but do not see the option to Turn On or Turn Off, you have a device that is not eligible for the feature and is not broadcasting a public hotspot signal.
To learn more about the home hotspot feature, to find a hotspot near you, or to download the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app, visit xfinity.com/wifi.
Read about the most common Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot questions.
See Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspots to learn more about the nation’s largest and fastest WiFi network.